Thursday, April 14, 2005

Show and Tell

Welcome to my Blog. I plan to use this to show off the talents of my fantastically talented customers. If you have photos of something you made from Dudley's Tie Dye Rovings, send along a photo and information on where to purchase your items, if they are for sale. If the items were made for friends and family, include some information about your creative process and the recipient. I am gathering the photos and showing them off here. I am amazed at what has been done with Dudley's.

I have been shipping Dudley's all across the country for about two years now. I am a member of two spinning guilds, Handweavers Guild of Boulder and Kansas Alliance of Weavers and Spinners. The Handweavers guild of Boulder annual sale and show in Longmont, Colorado December 2004 was quite a treat. The rovings were well recieved. The link is photos of the show. The second photo is baskets of Dudley's. My friend Beth W. of Elizabeth's in Lindsborg, KS has some of her fine weaving in the photos as well, the long blue capes are her work.

This spring I took Dudley's on the road to the (KAWS) Kansas Alliance of Weavers and Spinners conference in Kansas City, Kansas. Dudley's sold very well. I used clear celophane flower bags for the packaging. An armload of Dudley's was the best advertisment! They were quite striking. I recieved comments from some ladies that they looked like armloads of flowers! I am quite proud of the success I have enjoyed. I feel very lucky to have found something that I am really good at, creating Dudley's! I love dying them and they makes everyone who sees them smile. Life is Good!

One of my customers, Barbara C. In Alaska sent these photos. Her yarns are available at:
Ptarmigan Arts in Homer, Alaska
and House with a History, in Wrangell, Alaska
Beautiful Barbara!
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home