Thursday, July 07, 2005

Susie Spins!

Subject: My very first hand spun...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is as it arrived.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is the first real spinning I've ever done. I bought a little 'newbie' spindle kit, but I had a difficult time with the spindle. It wasn't until I ordered a Louet with a bit more weight and shaft length that I started to get the hang of it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And finally, here's about 135 yards of bulky plied "Anne" from Dudleys Spinner. I am so happy how it turned out! In fact, I have bids on several more...and I've also purchased some undyed roving as dyeing my own wool has been a passion of mine for a long time. (Any advice?)

Thanks so very much for making such beautiful products!

Blessings,
Susie G

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

That is Susie, she got some of my roving and she did the spinning. It is pretty!
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home